As the owner of your business, how much do you know or get involved with the commercial cleaning of your premises? Do you even use commercial cleaning services such as carpet cleaning services? We ask these questions because our research tells us that many business owners are oblivious to the benefits of commercial cleaning, and even if they do know that it can provide several advantages, many do not know enough about commercial cleaning to move forward with hiring a company to do so.
We hope to change all that by providing you with a short but detailed outline of commercial cleaning so that you have all the information you need to take forward your quest for a commercial cleaning company to clean and enhance your business premises, and that includes making them healthier for all who work there.
Business Premises That Can Benefit From Commercial Cleaning
We appreciate that everyone reading this will own or manage a huge range of different business types and sizes, and be operating within equally different business premises. We can safely say that regardless of where your business and its premises fit in terms of types and sizes, commercial cleaning can benefit it. Here are just some of the many businesses and organisation types that commercial cleaning applies to.
- Offices Of All Kinds Including Law Firms, Call Centres, Sales Offices, And Administrative Centres
- Small Manufacturing Facilities
- Large Factories
- Distribution Centres
- Public Buildings e.g. Town Halls, Libraries
- Schools And Colleges
- Sports Arenas And Entertainment Centres e.g. Cinemas, Theatres
Typical Commercial Cleaning Services
We could easily write several articles on the services that commercial cleaning companies can offer given that there are so many of them, however, for brevity, we will limit them to the bullet points below.
- Rubbish And Waste Removal
- Vacuuming And Shampooing Carpets
- Polishing Hard Floors
- Window And Glass Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Curtain And Blinds Cleaning
- Polishing Hard Surfaces e.g. Wooden Desks
- Extensive Sanitising Including Office Equipment, Kitchens, And Toilets
- Cleaning Vents And Air Ducts
- Cleaning Light Fixtures And Ceiling Fans
- Cleaning Industrial Equipment
- Specialist Cleaning Of Computer Server Rooms
- Power Washing
Sub-Categories Of Commercial Cleaning
Commercial cleaning companies may designate their own sub-categories of the services they provide which can be confusing as two individual companies may each allocate the same cleaning service to a different category. We want to make it simpler for you and identify just three subcategories which are industrial, janitorial, and specialist.
Industrial commercial cleaning applies to business premises that are large and tend to operate within manufacturing and storage business sectors. As such, some of the items and equipment which need to be cleaned will be extremely large and require large-scale equipment to do so.
Janitorial commercial cleaning is more common and is the cleaning service you would typically expect to find being provided to offices, public buildings, and retail outlets. Services will include sweeping floors, vacuuming, wiping and sanitising surfaces and equipment, and cleaning glass and other hard surfaces.
Specialist commercial cleaning is required when some or all of the items that need to be cleaned are complex, sensitive, expensive or all three. This might apply to computer server rooms or data centres where cleanliness is essential and where they cannot simply be cleaned with a wet cloth or a feather duster but instead need specialised cleaning methods that do not endanger their operation.
Benefits Of Commercial Cleaning
When you fully appreciate the benefits of commercial cleaning to your business, you will quickly realise that, rather than the fees you pay for those services being a cost and thus reducing your profits, they are instead an investment that ultimately reduces other costs and helps to generate income for your business. The benefits we refer to include the following:
- Lower Maintenance, Repair, And Replacement Costs
- Higher Moral Amongst Employees
- More Productive Employees
- Healthier Employees
- Reduced Sick Days
- Enhanced First Impressions Of Your Business
- A Safer Work Environment For All
- Boost To Your Business’s Reputation
- Easier To Recruit New Employees